Local Design Service
Are you ready to build the home of your dreams?
The overwhelming choices and decisions that need to be made can suck the joy out of you
if you don’t stay on the right path.
I will help you stay on track and make the process more enjoyable, more successful,
without too many sleepless nights!
This service kicks off with an overall space analysis to determine if there are some minor tweaks to your builder’s architectural plan that can make a world of difference in the final result. This is the time to look at that builder grade kitchen and make sure there isn’t some improvement to be made. Once those pipes are set, there is no moving that sink!
Or maybe you didn’t notice that it would be real tough to get through that toilet room door, much less maneuver around, if even temporarily handicapped from an accident, like your sister-in-law last year. Or that wall to wall sliding glass door doesn’t leave enough wall space on one side to have that pair of lush silk draperies you have been dreaming about. OR, OR , OR… Let’s just say, I take my job to correct mistakes before they happen very seriously. And I’ve seen enough to know the worst offenses. Hopefully you will be smart and hire me before it’s too late to make some of these changes!
This important first mission should not be taken lightly!
From there, we will jump into some preliminary space planning and lay out the furniture of your desire to make sure it all fits together like a puzzle. I don’t want you to be surprised and discover too late that the gorgeous dining set you have your eye on simply will not fit.
We will review existing furnishings and where they might go as well as that pile of pictures you have been collecting for such a time as this. We will spend some time mulling over those beautiful rooms, smiling, dreaming, planning and maybe sometimes crying when I have to give you a reality shot that there may be a few things which may not fit into that budget realm you just gave me. And speaking of your budget, we will review any set builder allowances and explore the possibility that it may not be sufficient for what you really had in mind. Now is the time to discuss what options you have.
Once we have an overall vision of the look you want, we start our adventure making all those color and material selections your builder is wanting sooner than later. Then I get down to the nitty gritty in conceptual presentations and documentation which will adequately and meticulously describe your desire. We want no misunderstanding of what you are getting.
At the onset of construction I will be available to consult with your contractor and/or subcontractors to ensure that there is a clear understanding of your wishes between all parties. During construction I will do routine inspections if requested and keep you informed of any concerns that may crop up.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO GET STARTED
- Complete Client Questionnaire to schedule a complimentary phone consultation to review your project and/or schedule an onsite consultation in your current home.
- Review my Local Design Process prior to your complimentary phone consult and I will address any other questions you may have.
- The first onsite consultation will continue the programming phase of your project to create a big picture vision of your goals, needs, desires and budget. You will need a duplicate of your architectural plans that I can mark up with notes and recommendations as well as take with me if we should decide to proceed further. If you are already in contract with your builder, full disclosure of product allowances is required.
- A Letter of Agreement will be provided following the onsite consultation which will require a signature and specified deposits if you wish to move forward.
WHAT IS THE COST?
- All projects begin with an onsite consultation for up to three hours at a flat rate of $450. Preliminary intros and groundwork have been established through the complimentary phone consultation which allows me to deliver real value and input to your project at our very first meeting. You will experience firsthand how I work to determine if you wish to move forward with your project under my guidance.
- The needs and level of service required by individual clients is wide and varied. Following our onsite consultation, I will submit a Letter of Agreement which will break down each step required for your project. A flat fee will be accessed for each phase. My flat fee is determined by a combination of anticipated hours, hourly fees, the degree of detail desired and square footage of the project. Very specific parameters of each step are provided including anticipated hours and completion time frame allowing for one revision. Anything that exceeds those parameters may be subject to an additional hourly fee of $125.00. The time I allow for each step is reasonable and possible based on my experience. Any additional fees incurred would be largely dependent on the client and their level of decisiveness, need for multiple options or additional services requested outside the original agreement.
- The fee for each step is payable in advance prior to any work performed. If at any time you prefer to continue on your own, you have the option of not proceeding to the next phase.
- Depending on the level of detail and service, my average design fee for a home not exceeding 3800 sf usually ranges between $7500.00 and $10,000.00. A minimum starting price is $5000.00. If you are building a larger home or a castle on the hill, you can expect to pay more.
- I welcome builder inquiries who are interested in incorporating my color and material service directly to their clients within the scope of their contract agreement. Special rates will be considered based on the level of service desired.
Planning and building a home is a very long process. Your decisions will make or break the success of your project. It is important you choose a designer who will lead you through the maze to ensure your home truly sings in harmony when you turn that key!
LET’S GET STARTED!
Click here to schedule your complimentary consultation!
New Construction Examples
(Click on photo below to view slide show.)